Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday
On Friday we drove up to Steph's house (Joes sister in Tremonton) and met up with Steph's family and Joes Parents to drive back down for an Organ concert at St. Marks (the church where Joe build the Organ).  Brayden (10 yr old nephew who like music), Steph, Joe's parent and Joe and I went while we left Tanner and Kyle (2 more nephews) and Hazen (brother in law) in Tremonton with Kyra.  Before the concert we went to dinner at Market Street Grill, a seafood restaurant  in SLC.  The food was good but I had higher expectations so I was a little dissapointed (not like the east coast seafood that I love).  The organ concert was really good, it was the 5 mormon tabernacle organists playing and I actually liked all the pieces (I don't usually).



Saturday

Saturday was a rainy day so we slept in and Steph made crepes for breakfast.  After breakfast we headed down to the Hill Air Force base for the air show.  After waiting in line for about an hour in our car to get there we found out it had been delayed because of the weather.  So we waited in the car for a bit to see if the rain and wind would pass before finally deciding to leave and go to lunch.  Towards the end of lunch we heard jets flying over and went back to the base for the shortened show.  Kyra and Joe were both a bit  cranky but kyra slept for a bit in her stroller with her huge ear muffs on and was happier after her nap.  We ran a few errands after the air show and got back to Tremonton to put Kyra to bed just a few minutes after her normal bed time.
The Base with its displayed planes and helicopters
Forgot to bring my Camera from the car for the show, but found this picture of the formation I saw the most of.



Kyra trying on her Ear Muffs in the car.

Sunday

Sunday we went to church like usual and then spent the afternoon with Joe's mom learning how to use my new serger (she sews alot and has one so I felt more comfortable with her there experimenting with me).  Sunday was also Tanners birthday, he turned 13.  So he got to open some present and I was amused at how most of what he wanted was "cool" hunting stuff to put in his room, like pictures and a touch lamp with an animal on it.  I sometimes forget we are in the west and people like pictures of Elk and Deer hanging on their walls and on their furniture.  We had a good dinner followed by a Costco chocolate cake (the HUGE one).  After dinner we were entertained by watching the bees be transported to a new hive.  Joe unexpectedly got volunteered to help and so he was up close with the bees mad and swarming and trying to sting him through his sweater, net over his head and gloves.  I have to admit I was pretty nervous for him, and at the very end he did get a bee to go up his pants leg (which we carefully searched for before it stung him).  He was terrified and was an amazing statue to help out...he only moved when he had to.  The rest of us stood back and watched and Steph occassionally had to get the bee's off of us that landed on our hoodies or on our skin.  It was definately an exhilarating and nerve racking entertainment and Joe and I agreed if we raise bees when we have our own house (we probably will because we want fruit trees) we do NOT want to move their hive, they get one and they stick to it.  

Sorry no pictures, forgot to grab my camera, but it was quite the scene with the boys in their bee gear.


Monday

We drove home from Steph's and did some Memorial day shopping and bought some dress shirts for Joe, shoes for him to wear at the organ shop, and BOCCE!!  I am really excited to finally own bocce, I really like the game.
Monday morning hanging out with Steph 


No comments:

Post a Comment