Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mothers day weekend fun

So it has been a good Saturday....kyra woke up at 350 last night, but that means she slept in this morning until we woke her up at 9 (which means Joe and I got to sleep in).  We had pancakes for breakfast and worked on craft projects in the morning.  I worked on the denim quilt I am making for Kyra (I dont have enough patience to make a big quilt) and Joe has been playing around with my sewing machine figuring out how he wants to sew a quiet book for Kyra (which I will help with once my quilt is done). Joe also wrapped the mothers day present he got for me and after a little while he persuaded me to open it.  I got a serger!  It was on sale at Costco so it wasn't super expensive....still more than what I would have spent.  So I have a new toy to play with in my sewing attempts.  Around noon we went for a 3 mile jog (there was definitely some walking involved) and came home to more crafts and a delicious egg salad sandwich with avocado before Joe had to run off to the lab to take samples for his experiment.  Kyra has been super cranky but she finally fell asleep(just now as I am typing) so finally I can attack a pile of dishes and get ready for a hot date at 4 (its been a while since we have been on a date without Kyra).  Overall, its been a good Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment